CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Catching up

Last week we went to the park for the toddler play group. Cameron had a good time except that the older kids don't play with him as much :'( He got hit and pushed around and then on top of all that he fell down the stairs (there were only 2 or 3 thank goodness) from the pavilion where they had picnic tables to the concrete slab and hit his face. The funny thing is that he got a mosquitoe bit later that day that swelled up bigger than the goose egg. Anyway, we went to the baby playgroup later that day and Cameron too his newly learned skills from toddler play grou p (hitting and pushing) and employed them on the younger kids there. Needless to say, we left early. I feel like Cameron is too young for the toddler play group but too old for the baby play group. I don't really know what to do because I really like the socializing I get from going. Maybe we will just have to go to the toddler one and Cameron will learn to toughen up a little. I am just afraid that he will turn into a bully and hit and push kids out of frustration and anger from being pushed or having things taken away from him by the older kids. Cameron is bigger in stature than most of them so I worry a little.




3 comments:

Kaylene said...

(((HUGS))) I hear you on the playgroup woes.

It was so fun to see you on Thursday, I look forwards to being a part of the book group.

Thanks for all of your comments on my blog, I always love your comments!

Ryan and Becca said...

Acho que vai estar melhor no grupo com a idade mais perto da idade dele. Mesmo assim, é chato que nenhum dos dois parece ser muito bom para o nenê.

Kevin and Kerry said...

We loved having your company at Baby Group, don't worry about Cameron beating everyone up. He is just right between both groups but we love having you.