CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Slowly, but surely

Ok, I am back, that is if anyone is still checking to see if we are still around. Lets just say the last month and a half have been interesting. We, especially Cameron & I, have taken turns being sick pretty much the whole time. Add to that having a major hurricane come through. Luckily, we only had minor fence damage and some branches that needed to be cut. We were out of power for a week, we stayed at Brian's parents during that time; and out of A/C for another week beyond our power being out- the power surge when the power came back on killed something in the unit, unfortunately we were home that week. We consider ourselves lucky as we know people who were out of power as long as 17 days. Brian spent the entire month of October studying and taking midterms, which basically meant that despite that fact that he stayed home from work we still didn't see him much because he was on the computer studying. He finished midterms last week, but already has another major test next Monday & finals start two weeks after that. Anyway, he has been working super hard in school and still loves it, so I guess that is a good sign that he picked the right profession. Cameron never ceases to amaze me as he gets older and learns new things. Currently, his favorite song is "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" with some additional verses from a book we found at the library. Cameron has, in the past 2 months, discovered and fallen in love with the word "no", much to my & his father's dismay. The most recent thing going on for him right now is his battle with allergies, cutting his two year molars, an ear infection & pink eye all at the same time. He sure has been a trooper. The first few days he had high fevers and a terrible cough that kept waking him, luckily those are mostly gone now and he & we have all been sleeping a lot better now. Anyway, it is late and I really need to go to sleep I will update more later & look forward to finally getting a chance to go and update myself on the lives of our friends and family that has been flying by me as the past few months have gone. I won't try to give day by day run downs, but I will try to get some pictures & a few of the highlights up over the next few days.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

É verdade que as coisas estão difíceis agora, mas têm que lembrar que este tempo de sacrifício servirá para sua vida depois.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Welcome back! We have missed you. We are praying for everything to settle down for you over there. Oh- and I want to see some belly pictures (yours, not Brians)! I love you, and I am glad things are starting to clear up for poor Cameron.